What is Reiki?
REIKI is a modality for easing discomfort, restoring balance and sustaining health through a refined, ancient art of hands-on-healing. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words: REI which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and KI, which is “life force energy.” So, Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
It is a wonderful technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on of hands” on or above a fully clothed person. The hand positions focus on the seven major chakras or energy centers of the body. A treatment usually feels warm and relaxing. This positive energy enters one’s body, mind, and spirit and therefore, treats the whole person creating many beneficial effects.
In addition, advanced techniques are applied to help heal “cellular memory” or the original cause of pain, illness or mental/emotional imbalance. This “cell-memory” technique helps clear past traumas and unwanted patterns by healing the core issue.
For more information about the energy healing techniques JoAnn offers, including Usui Reiki, Karuna Reiki®, Integrated Energy Therapy® (IET), Reconnective Healing® and The Reconnection®, go to the services page.
#97 Intro to Reiki:
Reiki promotes a state of total relaxation and is an extremely pleasant, holistic method of energy healing. Reiki helps to release energy blockages and increase energy flow in the body. Reiki helps because it is so gentle and non-invasive. The energy flows in the quantities necessary for the recipient and is always positive. It only brings to light what the recipient can handle, never more.
- Works together with conventional medicine to help heal or reduce the symptoms and side effects of all manner of ills including cancer, chemotherapy, radiation, Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses, digestive disorders, back and neck pain, headaches, mental and emotional distress, depression, chronic fatigue, chronic pain, etc.
- Decreases/eliminates pain
- Promotes the body’s natural healing ability
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves healing time
- Releases old traumas from the “cellular memory”
- Assists in mental/emotional healing
- Improves mind/body awareness
Provides a way to remain calm, centered and clear thinking, even during times of stress.